The Missouri Orthopaedic Institute is the title partner once again for the TriZou Triathlon & DuZou Duathlon. The Institute is the home of University Orthopaedics physicians - more than 20 orthopaedic surgeons who specialize in sports medicine, joint replacement, pediatrics, hip and knee, foot and ankle, shoulder, hand, spine, and trauma care. The 113,512-square foot Missouri Orthopaedic Institute houses clinics, operating rooms, and overnight patient rooms. Multidisciplinary services offered in the facility will include orthopaedics, radiology, anesthesiology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, physical therapy, orthotics, prosthetics, and an outpatient pharmacy. Visit Their Website!
"It's all about comfort. Everything else is just a means to that end." That's the Chapman philosophy, both for Chapman Heating and Air and the Chapman family, itself. The Chapman family is incredibly supportive of multi-sport and has been a fantastic partner to Ultramax Sports for many years now. Last year Chapman joined TriZou as a Presenting Sponsor and they will be fulfilling the same role this year in 2012. The next time your furnace or A/C system needs help, be sure to call Chapman Heating and Air at 1-800-695-2259. What more can we say about the Chapman family, they live and breath multi-sport. Next time you need this kind of service, think about giving back to the people that support what you love to do! Visit www.chapmanhvac.com.
The 16th annual TriZou Triathlon was the very first Ultramax event. Trizou has now grown into one of, if not the largest, pool swim triathlons in the nation. It is certainly one of the most popular early-season triathlons in the region. Over the years, several USAT National Champions and hundreds of USA Triathlon All-Americans have raced in the special elite field. Trizou has become the early season test for the who's who of the sport.
This annual sprint triathlon is the perfect triathlon for those wanting to get started in the sport. The event is staged on the University of Missouri campus. Triathlon venues just don't get any better than this! The event features the very popular time trial pool start in that amazing state-of-the-art MU competition pool. The DuZou Duathlon was added a couple of years back to to introduce the beginner athlete to the world of multi-sport. Over 100 athletes participated in 2013! This is the perfect way to introduce someone to the sport!
Event Date: Sunday, May 4, 2014
• TriZou Triathlon Elite Division: 7:00AM
• TriZou Triathlon Age Group Division: 7:30AM
• DuZou Duathlon: 7:30AM
Event Location: University of Missouri Student Recreation Complex - Columbia, MO - Click here for directions.
Event Classification: Sprint Triathlon & Sprint Duathlon
• TriZou Triathlon = 400-Meter Swim - 14-Mile Bike - 3-Mile Run
• DuZou Duathlon = 1-Mile Run - 7-Mile Bike - 1-Mile Run
Limited Entry: The race is limited to the first 1,000 entrants - don't miss your chance...register early!
TriZou Triathlon Entry Fee Schedules:
• Early Bird Entry Through 1/31/14 = $60
• Through 4/5/14 = $70
• Through 5/2/14 = $75
• Packet Pickup & Race Day = $80
TriZou Triathlon Elite Prize Money Division = $75 ($1,500 Prize Purse)
TriZou Triathlon Relay Entry Fee = $99
DuZou Duathlon Entry Fee Through Race Day: $45
TriZou Triathlon / MaxTrax Duathlon Power Pack: $99 (Includes an entry to the TriZou Triathlon and your choice between the MaxTrax Long or Short Course Duathlon. Hurry! This deal is only available through April 5th!)
**If you are not a USA Triathlon annual member each individual will be required to pay the $12 single-event fee. Join USAT to avoid these fees!
**Please note that all of the registration fees listed above do not include any credit card or online processing fees.
• Option #1: Register online soon!
• Option #2: Download and print out the TriZou / MaxTrax registration form. Fill it out and either drop it off or mail in with payment to: Ultramax Sports - 7430 W. Hwy. 40, Columbia, MO 65202. Be sure to complete the waiver!
• Option #3: Simply stop by one of the three Ultramax Sports retail stores and sign up. Remember, if you register at one of our retail locations, you will receive Active Rewards! For every $250 you spend at the store, you will receive $30 to use toward anything in the store, including other Ultramax Events. Visit our retail website to learn more information about Active Rewards and to find the Ultramax Sports location closest to you!
Here are some of the features to look forward to in 2014:
• Each participant in TriZou & DuZou will receive a custom-printed unisex technical shirt.
• TriZou Finisher Item
• Post-Race food, including pizza provided by the world-famous Shakespeare's Pizza
• Swim at the famous Mizzou Aquatic Center
• Live Chip-Timed Results provided by Ultramax Sports Timing
• Ultramax Sports Live Personal Race Results Receipts
• Overall & Age Division Awards for TriZou, DuZou and the Team Triathlon - We go FOUR deep in each category.
• Free Race Photos
• Free Triathlon Clinic at Saturday's Expo
• USAT-Sanctioned Event
• TriZou provides you the opportunity to race among some of the best triathletes in the nation!
Saturday, May 3, 2014:
• 10:00AM - 7:00PM: Packet Pickup & New Registration @ Ultramax Sports
• 4:00PM: Beginner Triathlon Clinic @ Ultramax Sports, hosted by Amy Livesay
Sunday, May 4, 2014:
• 5:00AM - 6:45AM: Packet Pickup & Late Registration @ Stankowski Field - Look for the Packet Pickup Sign! - Be prepared for long lines if you choose to pick your packet up on race day!
• 5:00AM - 6:45AM: Transition Area & Body Marking Open
• 5:30AM - 6:45AM: Timing Chip Pickup
• 6:15AM - 6:50AM: Pool Open for Warm-Ups
• 7:00AM: TriZou Triathlon Elite Wave Start
• 7:30AM: TriZou Triathlon Age Group Start
• 7:30AM: DuZou Duathlon Start - The Duathlon will begin from Stankowski Field and run out the Run Out transition door.
• 8:30AM: Post Race Pizza Provided by Shakespeare's Pizza
• 11:00AM: Award Ceremony (Subject to Change)
• 12:30PM: Race Course Closes
**Please note that this schedule is temporary and is subject to change. Please check back periodically. You will receive a pre-race informational email approximately 7-10 days prior to the event. At the same time a link to this information will also be posted on this page.
Per USAT rules, all athletes are required to pick up their own packet. You WILL NOT be able to pick up another individual's packet. Please come prepared with your photo ID and your USAT membership card (if you are an annual member). There will be no exceptions made to this rule. Packets will be available for pickup on Saturday, May 3 from 10:00AM until 7:00PM at Ultramax Sports, as well as on Sunday morning from 5:00AM until 6:45AM at the race site.
**If you are not a USA Triathlon annual member you will be required to pay the $12 one-day insurance. You can purchase this one-day fee when you register prior to the race or at packet pickup. Join USAT to avoid these fees!
Parking Information: Please review the Parking Map for parking garages and lots close to the race site.
• Option #1: There is limited parking in a lot down the street from the MU Rec. Complex & Stankowski Field at the corner of Rollins & Maryland.
• Option #2: There will also be parking available in the Turner Avenue Parking Garage. From Rollins, turn South on Maryland and the garage will be located on the left side of Maryland Ave., one block down (across from Cornell Hall).
• Please Note: Parking will not be allowed in the Maryland Avenue Parking Garage - it is reserved for hospital staff only. Please refer to the parking map for specific acceptable parking garages and lots in the surrounding area for race morning.
Spectator Information: Please plan to watch the event from the race site. Any additional traffic on the course only adds to your inconvenience and could compromise your safety, as well as the athletes' safety.
Entry Fee = $75
The prize money payout for the 2014 TriZou Triathlon will be $1,500. The prize money breakdown is listed below. This division is reserved for advanced triathletes only! The event reserves the right to ask for current USAT rankings and switch entries as needed to the regular age group divisions.
Prize Money Breakdown (both men and women):
• First Place = $250
• Second Place = $200
• Third Place = $150
• Fourth Place = $100
• Fifth Place = $50
Entrants must be a USAT Annual Member before registering for the race. Elite athletes will not be eligible to win any age group awards, as they will be competing for prize money. If you have any questions about entry into this division, please contact us directly.
The Elite Division will start in waves: two racers per lane, eight lanes, a maximum total of 16 racers per wave. The Elite Division limit is 32 Men and 32 Women and will start as close to 7:00AM as possible. All Elite Athletes must be in the pool area no later than 6:45AM. The racers in each wave will be selected by the Race Director. The selection will be based on past event performances, USAT rankings, and other significant factors.
• Male & Female Age Groups: 5-Year Increments (14 and Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & over)
*Specific permission from the Race Director is required for all entrants under 16 years old.
• Clydesdale 39 & Under (Males 220+ lbs.)
• Clydesdale 40 & Over (Males 220+ lbs.)
• Athena (Females 165+ lbs.)
• Triathlon Teams (One Division)
• Awards will be presented to the Top Overall Male & Female Champions
• Awards will be presented to the Top Three+ in each age group.
• Awards will be presented to the Top Three Overall Teams
• You must be present at the award ceremony to receive your award. We will not mail awards if you do not stay for the ceremony.
The 2013 TriZou Triathlon is sanctioned with USA Triathlon. USA Triathlon competition rules will apply. The complete list of rules can be found at http://www.usatriathlon.org/. Each participant will need to either be an Annual USAT Member ($45) or purchase a single-event membership ($12) prior to the race. You may do so online or at the race site.
Please follow these simple instructions carefully to ensure you are timed properly:
• Transponders are non-transferable! Be careful not to switch your timing chip with other participants.
• The timing chip must be worn on your ankle at all times or you will not be scored in the event. If you wear it on your wrist, on your bike, in your pocket, etc., you will not be scored.
• Your timing chip will be removed by volunteers once you have crossed the finish line. Be sure your chip is turned in at that time or at some point before you leave the race. Failure to return a chip will result in a $125 replacement fee charge.
• If you find you still have your timing chip after the race, please put it in a padded envelope and mail to:
Important Ultramax T-Shirt Policy: In order to keep our late fees lower and due to supply levels and printing constraints you must register on or before 4/19 to be guaranteed a shirt at packet pickup. If you register after 4/19 you may not receive your shirt when you pick up your packet.
Refund Policy: 50% of your entry fee will be refunded up until 30 days from race date. Refunds are not available for any reason, other than active military service, less than 30 days prior to an event. Event entries are transferable between persons, Event entries ARE NOT transferable between events or years. We are sorry but we will not be able to make exceptions will to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to these refund terms. To request a refund or transfer to another person simply fill out and submit a form on our Contact Us Page.
Weather Policy: In the event of inclement weather, the event will be postponed as long as possible in hopes the inclement weather will pass. If the event is cancelled a 25% credit for next year will be issued for all registered and paid in full participants in the 2013 event. No refunds or transfers will be issued if the event is cancelled due to inclement weather.
We have positions of all kinds where volunteers can see the start, portions of the race and even the finish. Nearly 100% of all unsolicited racer comments include praise for our volunteers; this is truly what makes these events possible. The racers really appreciate your time because they know and realize they could not pursue this sport without volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please take a second to fill out our Volunteer Inquiry Form.