Ultramax Sports brings back the KC 15K and 7K race. This year's event will once again take place at the Community America Ballpark, home of the Kansas City T-Bones - you can literally walk from the hotel, to the race site, to Legends Mall and to dining and entertainment. This is the race to bring the entire family!
The 15K is the perfect distance for those individuals training for or have just completed a half or full marathon. Some of the largest events around the nation feature the 15K distance and the KC 15K is certainly on track to become a premier destination event for years to come.
The 7K distance is a nice upgrade from the standard 5K road race. This distace will give all those 5K runners a chance to challenge themselves with a slightly longer distance. Break the 5K grind with the KC 7K!
The 2013 KC15K and 7K event will have all the features of the largest and most successful events. Runners will finish inside the baseball complex and will give participants the unique and memorable experience Ultramax Sports is known for. After the finish, athletes, friends and families will gather for awards, post-race activities and celebrations.
Event Date: Saturday, November 9, 2013
• 15K Start Time: 8:00AM
• 7K Start Time: 8:10AM
Event Location: Community America Ball Park (Home of the Kansas City T-Bones)
Event Classification: Running Road Race
• 15K = 9.32 Miles
• 7K = 4.3 Miles
Here are some of the awesome event highlights we're working hard on for you to look forward to at the KC 15K:
• 2013 Ultramax Championship Series Event
• 2013 Mid-America Running Association Grand Prix Event
• Military Discount and Military Challenge
• LIve Music
• Ultramax Timing featuring our most advanced live timing features. This includes: Live Online Results during the event, Live Results Depot (personal printed result receipts at the finish line), Post-Event Custom Email Results, Chip-Timed Start Line for all Events.
• USATF Certified Courses
• Custom-Printed Unisex Shirts For All Participants - Please make sure you read our t-shirt policy below.
• Post-Race Food and Beverages
• 15K Finisher Gift/Item
• Free Race Finish Photos uploaded to the Ultramax Flickr account.
KC 15K Entry Fee Schedule:
• Early Discounted Entry Prior to 1/31/13 = $40
• Prior to 10/25/13 = $45
• Prior to 11/7/13 = $50
• Race Day Registration = $55
KC 7K Entry Fee Schedule:
• Early Discounted Entry Prior to 1/31/13 = $25
• Prior to 10/25/13 = $30
• Through Race Day = $35
KC 15K 4-Person Power Pack = $150 - Register four individuals for the 15K at a discounted price!
*All entry fees listed above do not include any credit card or online processing fees.
• Option #1: Register online now! Click the button below to begin:
• Option #2: Download and print out the Run or Triathlon PDF registration form. Fill it out and either drop it off or mail in with payment to: Ultramax Sports - 2902 Forum Boulevard Suite 101, Columbia, MO 65203 (Be sure to complete the waiver!)
• Option #3: Simply stop by one of the three Ultramax Sports retail stores and sign up. Remember, if you register at one of our retail locations, you will receive Active Rewards! For every $250 you spend at the store, you will receive $30 to use toward anything in the store, including other Ultramax Events. Visit our retail website to learn more information about Active Rewards and to find the Ultramax Sports location closest to you!
Important Ultramax T-Shirt Policy: In order to keep our late fees lower and due to supply levels and printing constraints you must register on or before 10/25 to be guaranteed to receive your shirt at packet pickup. If you register after 10/25 you may not recieve a shirt when you pick up your packet.
Friday, November 8, 2013:
• 3:00PM - 7:00PM: Packet Pickup & Late Registration @ Ultramax Sports in Prairie Village - 6911 Tomahawk Rd. Prairie Village, KS.
Saturday, November 9, 2013:
• 6:00AM - 7:45AM: Packet Pickup + Late Registration @ Race Site - Community America Ballpark - 1800 Village West Parkway Kansas City, KS 66111 - If you wait to pick up your packet or register on race morning, please arrive early to avoid long lines!
• 8:00AM: 15K Start Time
• 8:10AM: 7K Start Time
• 8:45AM: Post Race Food & Beverages Available
• 10:00AM: Award Ceremony
• 12:00PM: Course Closes
• Special Ultramax awards will be presented to the Top Three+ Male and Females in the following age divisions in the 15K Run: 14 & Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & Over
• Top Overall Male and Female Champions
• Special Ultramax Awards will be presented to the Top Three+ Male and Females in the following age divisions in the 5K Run/Walk: 14 & Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & Over
*To be eligible for overall and age group awards, you cannot be paced by a non-registered runner or accept aid from a non-registered runner at any time during the event.
Please review the following rules prior to registering:
• Dogs & Strollers will be allowed but they must start at the rear of the start wave. We will strictly enforce this rule.
• Roller blades will not be allowed on the race course.
• Race numbers are required to take part in the race. If you are caught as a bandit or running with another person's bib, you will be banned from participating in Ultramax events for a period of two years.
• iPods & Other Audio Devices - We strongly recommend that you do not use iPods or other audio devices during the race. Choosing to use an audio device will not result in disqualification, but you will compromise your safety and that of others. If you are unable to hear verbal instructions or commands, approaching vehicles or course marshals on bicycles because of your device, you may be asked to relinquish it and face disqualification. Please use consideration and good judgment in this area.
• IPICO Timing System - Chips will be in your race packet at packet pickup. Please follow the simple instructions on the packet carefully. Not wearing the transponder properly may prevent you from being timed.
• Transponders are non-transferable - be careful not to switch with other participants.
• The chip must be on your shoe at all times or you will not be scored in the event. Your timing chip will be removed by volunteers once you reach the finish line.
• Failure to return a chip will result in disqualification from all future events owned or timed by Ultramax. In addition, you will be charged a $30 replacement fee. If you find you still have your timing chip after the race, please mail it to:
2902 Forum Blvd. Suite 101
Columbia, MO 65203
Live Race Day Results: Results will be available at kc15k.com and ultramaxtri.com. After you finish the race, be sure to stop by the Results table and pick up your personalized Results Receipt for immediate results.
Refund Policy: 50% of your entry fee will be refunded up until 30 days from race date. Refunds are not available for any reason, other than active military service, less than 30 days prior to an event. Event entries are transferable between persons, Event entries ARE NOT transferable between events or years. We are sorry but we will not be able to make exceptions will to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to these refund terms. To request a refund or transfer to another person simply fill out and submit a form on our Contact Us Page.
Weather Policy: In the event of inclement weather, the event will be postponed as long as possible in hopes the inclement weather will pass. If the event is cancelled a 25% credit for next year will be issued for all registered and paid in full participants in the 2013 event. No refunds or transfers will be issued if the event is cancelled due to inclement weather.
The Ultramax Championship Series launched in 2004 and starts over with each new season. The series is a competition comprised of Ultramax owned races and a select few of Missouri's best events. Participants are awarded points at each Ultramax Series Race based on their individual finish time versus the overall amateur's finish time. Must like the USAT rankings, events in the series have a multiplier based on the specific event. You must be a USAT annual member before the first event of the series in order to be eligible to compete. See the Series page for complete scoring information!
The 2012 KC 15K is sanctioned with USA Track and Field. USA Track & Field competition rules will apply. The complete list of rules can be found at http://www.usatf.org/.
We are recruiting a team of dedicated volunteers to assist in helping each participant reach her goal. We have positions of all kinds where volunteers can see the start, portions of the race and even the finish. Nearly 100% of all unsolicited racer comments include praise for our volunteers; this is truly what makes these events possible. The racers really appreciate your time because they know and realize they could not pursue this sport without volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please take a second to fill out our Volunteer Inquiry Form.