The MU Women's and Children's Hospital is Missouri's only hospital offering the most comprehensive care for women and the only hospital facility dedicated completely to children. The Women's Health Center, located within the hospital, provides world-class care to the women of mid-Missouri in a compassionate and sensitive environment. As the new home of Children's Hospital, Women's and Children's Hospital offers more than 30 pediatric specialties to take the best care of our Missouri kids.
The Go Girl Run is back in 2013, ready to make a BIG difference and improve the lives of women! Ultramax Sports could not be more thrilled to bring back Columbia's only all-women's half marathon and 5K Run/Walk event! Plans are underway to make this event even more special than the first. This race was specifically designed to celebrate women, health and fitness, and ultimately support several women-centered charities in the area. Get a group of your girlfriends or even co-workers together and enter the event. The time you spend training, socializing, and eventually racing could be the best time you spend during the year! The Go Girl Run will be a true celebration of friendship and sisterhood! Every detail of this event will be planned with the woman in mind.
Ultramax Sports will be offering group entry discounts, group training programs, and downloadable training plans. It's just more fun if you don't do it alone.
The Go Girl Run will feature Ultramax's unique charity component. Like our popular TurkeyTrax 5K, a portion of each entry fee will go directly to the charity that is chosen by the individual entrant at the time of registration. The Charity Partners for the 2013 race will be announced soon. once they are confirmed.
Event Date: Saturday, May 25, 2013
• Half Marathon = 7:00AM
• 5K = 7:15AM
Event Location: Columbia, MO - University of Missouri Reactor Field Park
Event Classification: Road Race
Event Distances: Half Marathon (13.1 Miles) & 5K (3.1 Miles)
Women's Half Marathon Entry Fee Schedule:
• Early Bird Entry Fee through 1/31/13 = $60
• Prior to 5/10/13 = $65
• Through Race Day = $70
Half Marathon Group Package Registration (Pack of Four) - Only available until 5/10/13 = $199
5K Entry Fee Schedule: (Open to Men and Women)
• Early Bird Entry Fee through 1/31/13 = $25
• Prior to 5/10/13 = $30
• Through Race Day = $35
• All 5K participants have the opportunity to upgrade their cotton shirt to a technical t-shirt for just $5! This is only available through online or manual registration prior to packet pickup and race day.
*Please note that these entry fees do not include any credit card or other online processing fees.
NOTICE - We highly discourage but will not restrict men from entering the Half Marathon event. There will be no male award categories in either race distance. The Half Marathon was intended for women. We hope our male population will respect that. Men are welcome and encouraged to enter the 5K event. The 5K will be open to both men and women.
• Option #1: REGISTER ONLINE
• Option #2: Coming Soon: Download and print out the PDF registration form, fill it out and either drop it off or mail in with payment to:
Ultramax Sports - 2902 Forum Blvd. Suite 101, Columbia, MO 65203
Be sure to complete the waiver!
• Option #3: Simply stop by one of the three Starting Block/Ultramax Sports retail stores and sign up. Find Us!
Important 2013 Ultramax T-Shirt Policy - In order to keep our late fees lower and due to supply levels and printing constraints, you must register on or before 5/13 to be guaranteed to receive our new technical event shirts. After this date, you may receive a cotton event shirt.
Just a few things to look forward to:
• All Half Marathon participants will receive a black technical t-shirt.
• 5K participants will receive a soft comfort-fit cotton t-shirt.
**If you register for the 5K (ONLINE ONLY) before 5/13 you can upgrade to a technical shirt for just $5.
** Please review the 2012 T-Shirt policy above.
• All participants will have the ability to upgrade and purchase additional print-on-demand Go Girl Run shirts and custom designs. This will be available both at packet pickup on Friday, as well as on race day!
• Half Marathon and Couch to 5K Group Training Programs to help get you ready to run on race day!
• Women's-Focused Expo on Friday during packet pickup - more to come!
• Unique Half Marathon Finishers Medal
• Free Race Photos - All photos will be uploaded to the Ultramax Flickr Account.
• Go Girl Run Photo Backdrop
• Live Chip-Timed Results provided by Ultramax Sports
• Ultramax Sports Personal Race Results Receipts
• Go Girl Run Half Finisher Certificates printed on-site.
• Overall & Age Division Awards
• Custom-etched Go Girl wine glasses for ALL FINISHERS - both 5K and Half Marathon!
• Cold and delicious smoothies, fruit, bagels. granola bars, and assorted beverages waiting for you at the finish line.
• The best time you will have all year with your girlfriends!
• More to Come!
Friday, May 24, 2013:
• 2:00PM - 7:00PM: Packet Pickup & New Registration - Location TBA
• 2:00PM - 7:00PM: Go Girl Women's Vendor Expo & Clinics - Details TBA
Saturday, May 25, 2013:
• 5:30AMM - 6:50AM: Late Packet Pickup & Registration
• 7:00AM: Half Marathon Race Begins
• 7:15AM: 5K Race Begins
• 7:30AM: Post-Race Celebration Begins
• 8:30AM: 5k Award Ceremony
• 9:30AM: Half Marathon Award Ceremony
• 12:30PM: Course Closes
*Please note that the schedule is tentative and is subject to change. Please check back periodically for updates. You will receive a pre-race informational email approximately 7-10 days prior to the event. At the same time, a link to this information will be posted on this page.
• Reactor Field Parking: Athletes will be allowed to park in the Reactor Field Parking Lot. We are not planning on the lot to fill, but if it does, you will able to park in one of the lots by Mizzou Arena or Hearnes. Please allow yourself enough time on race morning to park.
• Special Instructions: All athletes will need to enter the Reactor Field Parking lot from the traffic light at Providence and Mick Deaver Drive. Go Girl Parking signs will lead you to the correct entrance.
The event will feature Ultramax's unique charity component. A significant portion of each entry fee will go directly to the charity that is chosen by the individual entrant at the time of registration. Any unspecified charity entries will be divided equally among the chosen charity partners. The 2013 Go Girl Run Charity Partners will be announced soon!
The event will be specifically marketed and promoted to represent all of the charities involved. You can monitor the progress using our Charity Tracker, coming soon. Each charity is highly encouraged to use its own local marketing and support network to reach out and promote the event. Each charity will be responsible for developing its own marketing approach that will deliver the most community impact. It is simple, the more entries the charity recruits, the bigger the donation! Check out the charity page!
Please review the following rules prior to registering:
• Roller blades will not be allowed on the race course.
• Race numbers are required to take part in the race. If you are caught as a bandit or running with another person's bib, you will be banned from participating in Ultramax Sports event for a period of two years.
• iPods & Other Audio Devices - We strongly recommend that you do not use iPods or other audio devices during the race. Choosing to use an audio device will not result in disqualification, but you will compromise your safety and that of others. If you are unable to hear verbal instructions or commands, approaching vehicles or course marshals on bicycles because of your device, you may be asked to relinquish it and face disqualification. Please use consideration and good judgment in this area.
Strollers on the Course: Unfortunately, the USA Track and Field insurance does not cover baby joggers/strollers, bicycles, inline skates, or animals (except service dogs) on the course, so for safety reasons they are not allowed.
• IPICO Timing System - Chips will be in your race packet at packet pickup. Please follow the simple instructions on the packet carefully. Not wearing the transponder properly may prevent you from being timed.
• Transponders are non-transferable - be careful not to switch with other participants.
• The chip must be on your shoe at all times or you will not be scored in the event. Your timing chip will be removed by volunteers once you reach the finish line.
• Failure to return a chip will result in disqualification from all future events owned or timed by Ultramax. In addition, you will be charged a $20 replacement fee. If you find you still have your timing chip after the race, please mail it to:
Ultramax Sports Productions
2902 Forum Blvd. Suite 101
Columbia, MO 65203
Contact Us Here
Refund Policy: 50% of your entry fee will be refunded up until 30 days from race date. Refunds are not available for any reason, other than active military service, less than 30 days prior to an event. Event entries are transferable between persons, however, event entries ARE NOT transferable between events or years. We are sorry, but we will not be able to make exceptions to this policy. By registering for this event, you agree to these refund terms. To request a refund or transfer to another person, simply fill out and submit a form on our Contact Us Page.
Weather Policy: In the event of inclement weather, the event will be postponed as long as possible in hopes the inclement weather will pass. If the event is canceled a 25% credit for next year will be issued for all registered and paid in full participants in the 2013 event. No refunds or transfers will be issued if the event is canceled due to inclement weather.
• Half Marathon & 5K Run Female Age Group Awards: 5-Year Increments (14 and Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84 and 85 & Over)
• Awards will be presented to the Top Female Half Marathon and 5K Champions
• Awards will also be presented to the Top Three in each Age Group Division
COMING SOON! Are you lacking the motivation to get your training started? Do you need help planning out a training program for yourself? You're in the right spot! Ultramax Sports offers several group and downloadable training programs to help you stay on track! All training program details will available on our Training Page.
COMING SOON! Group Training Programs: Ultramax Sports offers a low-cost group training program for the Half Marathon. We are also offering our popular Couch to 3.1 Program. More information will be available in the coming weeks.
The 2013 Go Girl Run will be sanctioned with USA Track and Field. USA Track & Field competition rules will apply. The complete list of rules can be found at http://www.usatf.org/.
We are recruiting a team of dedicated volunteers to assist in helping each participant reach her goal. We have positions of all kinds where volunteers can see the start, portions of the race and even the finish. Nearly 100% of all unsolicited racer comments include praise for our volunteers; this is truly what makes these events possible. The racers really appreciate your time because they know and realize they could not pursue this sport without volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please take a second to fill out our Volunteer Inquiry Form.